At the state fairs, the funnel cakes the plate-sized offerings that bless the taste buds.
It consists of pouring batter, which has a winding circular pattern on hot oil.
There are many variations of the recipe. Home chefs can try the endless traditional recipes of funnel pancakes.
Tricks for Making the Tastiest Funnel Pancake
Following are some of the top tips that will help you in preparing a delicious funnel pancake:
- The main ingredients of making a funnel pancake are funnel spout size, the thickness of the batter, and texture. The thickness of the batter determines the texture. So, make sure that the batter is not too thin or watery. The watery batter will only spread the mess into the hot pan. It will spread in different directions. So, the batter of the funnel pancake should be thick.
- Pouring Technique: The pouring technique also determines the result of the funnel pancake. The way you pour the batter into the hot oil forms the shape of the funnel pancake. So, move the cone swiftly into the hot oil and make the funnel pancake.
- Color of the Funnel Pancake: Make sure to flip the pancake slowly yet quickly. So that the funnel pancake does not get browned or dark-browned on a single side.
Funnel Cake Recipe Pancake Mix
Following is the detailed recipe for an amazing funnel pancake:
Ingredients for Funnel Cake Recipe Pancake Mix
- 2 quarts of canola oil (for frying)
- 1 1/2 cups of complete buttermilk (The Batter Mix)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for garnishing
Instructions for Preparing a Funnel Pancake
- First of all, you should heat the oil to 375 F in a large pot or pan. Make sure to adjust the flame that helps in maintaining the temperature of the oil in a pot. When the oil heats up, you should prepare the batter of the funnel pancake.
- In a big bowl, you should whisk all of the ingredients together. Keep whisking the vanilla extract and water unless you get all of the lumps out. The cake batter should be thick. It must not be too gloppy or too thin. You must lift the batter with a spoon or whisk. If the batter falls into the bowl, it is thin. So, be careful about the consistency of the batter.
- Pour the batter into a plastic mould cone, and pour the ½ cup of batter. You should fry the pancake for 1-2 minutes or until it turns golden. Turn the sides, and cook it well. Cook 01 minute longer on the next side. Take out the pancake, and enjoy.
Traditionally, people mix eggs, sugar, milk, flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
While trying many different recipes, I found out that the best ingredient of the funnel cake is buttermilk.
The buttermilk gives an amazing taste to the funnel pancake.
When you mix the buttermilk with the water, it enhances the overall taste and quality of the funnel pancake.
This is Himanshu Joshi, a Professional content writer, and freelancer.
I am the co-founder of this blog. In this blog, I always share food, health, and fitness related contents.