Are you the kind of person who likes to eat only crispier and fried things? Well, you are totally like me then.
I also like to eat fried chips, zinger burgers, and other fried items.
Have you ever tried Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips recipe? If you have not tried it yet, you are missing a lot in your life. Fish contains the most nutrients that bring us health and happiness in our lives.
The Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips recipe is a classic recipe that helps you in gaining appreciation from your guests.
Here is the amazing recipe of the Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips:
Ingredients of the Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips Recipe
- 120 Grams of Self-Rising Flour + Extra flour to coat
- 175 Grams of White Fleshed Fish (For example Cod)
- 1 Egg White – Medium
- 160 ML of (1/2 cup or a little under half a bottle) Light Beer or you can also use the Lager
- 1 Large Waxy Potato – Peeled
- Sunflower Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon of Curry Powder (used twice)
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
Ingredients for the Tartar Sauce -Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon of Gherkins, chopped
- 50 Grams CremeFraiche
- 200 Grams Mayonnaise
- 3/4 Shallot Diced
- Lemon Juice (about 1 Teaspoon)
- Hot Sauce (Optional)
Instructions for Making the Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips Recipe
- First of all, you should put the oil in a medium-high heat pan for frying. You do not require a deep pan or pot in it. A large pan is sufficient for frying.
- In a big bowl, you should whisk baking soda, flour, beer, and curry powder. Then, you must whisk the egg whites unless it forms a batter. If the batter is heavier, try to add some water and whisk it well.
- Then, you should add the teaspoon of curry powder into the mixture for dredging flour. This is an optional practice.
- You must season the mixture with salt, and then coat it with the four. Then, knock the extra flour and put the fish into the batter mixture. Add the oil into the pan for frying the battered fish. Fry the fish in the oil.
- You should fry the fish to the golden brown color and flip it well. Then, baste the fish on the other side with the oil. You should remove the pan from the stove again and again so hot oil does not burn the fish.
- Now that fish has been fried, it is high time that you fry chips. You should chop the potatoes into taller skinny fries. If the fries are skinnier, they will get cooked fully. Place then on the paper towel and drain the excess oil.
- Simply make the tartar ingredients and mix them well.
- Assemble the food items on a plate and enjoy!
You should serve it hot as the Fish and Chips are best when they are hot. You can serve them with any sauce that you like or tomato ketchup.