Mac and Cheese is the most comforting food recipe. Kids, adults, and older love the mac and cheese for sheer its amazing taste.
Since it is the most famous recipe in the United States, there are many versions of the Mac and Cheese available.
You can make it in various ways yet enjoy every bit of the mac and cheese like a child.
Every worry and tension goes away when we sit down for finishing a bowl of mac and cheese.
Do you want to experience the blissful experience of finishing up the best mac and cheese recipe?
Here is what you can do at home for making amazingly delicious grown-up mac and cheese recipe:
Ingredients for Grown-Up Mac and Cheese Recipe
Following are the ingredients:
- 4 ounces of thick-sliced bacon
- Vegetable oil – or any oil that you prefer
- Kosher salt – Iodine salt
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni or cavatappi – Any healthier alternative will also do.
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 slices of white sandwich bread (Crusts removed)
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped basil leaves
- 4 ounces of Gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 ounces of blue cheese, such as Roquefort, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces of extra-sharp Cheddar, grated
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 01 Pinch nutmeg
Instructions for Making the Grown-Up Mac and Cheese Recipe
Here is you can make the amazingly delicious Grown Up Mac and Cheese Recipe:
- Preheated Oven: First of all, you should preheat the oven up to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Backing Rack: Then, you should place the baking rack over a sheet pan. The first layer has to be the bacon layer on the baking rack. Afterward, place the first layer inside the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. The trick is to take out the tray when the kinds of bacon get crispier. Slowly, remove the pan from the oven. It may have the hot bits of oil on the pan. So, handle the pan smartly.
- Boiling the Macaroni: Drizzle the oil into the boiling salted water. Then, you should add the macaroni into the large pot. Then, you should try to cook the grown-up mac and cheese for 10 to 15 minutes. You should check the instructions on the box. Drain the macaroni accordingly.
- Preparing the Sauce for the Mac and Cheese: You should heat the milk in a saucepan. Make sure not to boil it. Just add the butter to the medium-sized pot and keep adding flour into the pan slowly. Also, cook the mac and cheese on low heat for 02 minutes while stirring the mixture together. You should whisk the mixture while adding hot milk for one or 02 minutes until it gets thick and smooth. You should add gruyere, blue cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg, macaroni, and crumbled bacon. Stir the mixture well for a few minutes.
The adult-size two servings are ready to be served now.
This is how you can make grown-up mac and cheese at home. Trust us; it is the best recipe for the grown-up mac and cheese that is mouth-watering.
I am Margaret Anderson founder of TheStaticFoodBin.com.
I am a professional content writer especially in food, health and fitness-related content. I have several food and fitness-related blogs and TheStaticFoodBin is one of them.