KFC original is one of the biggest and greatest parts of my childhood. As a kid, I used to go to my uncle’s house just for having a KFC chicken at their home.
My uncle’s house was just a block away from my school. They also used to sell the chicken.
My uncle and aunt used to cook amazingly delicious chicken.
Frankly speaking, I liked many KFC chicken recipes. The one that I liked the most was the KFC Original Recipe Chicken Thigh.
I used to love the KFC original recipe for chicken thigh the most. I want to give the same experience of the chicken thigh to my children.
So, I took the recipe from my family and make the amazing KFC original chicken thigh for my kids. Here is the recipe for the Original KFC Chicken Thigh that is delicious:
Ingredients for the KFC Original Recipe Chicken Thigh
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried basil leaves
- 1/3 tablespoon of dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon of celery salt
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of dried mustard
- 3 tablespoons of paprika (the original recipe demands 4 tablespoons. But you can use it the way you please.)
- 2 tablespoons of garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons of ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Accent Seasoning, optional (It depends on you whether you can do it.)
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 chicken large egg
- 1 large chicken, cut into 10 pieces ( you should get the 2 wings, 2 thighs, 2 legs, and 2 breasts each cut in half to make 4 breast pieces)
- vegetable oil for frying
Instructions for Making KFC Original Recipe Chicken Thigh
- First of all, you should add spices to the small food processor unless they become smooth and uniform in its size. You should make sure that the basil, oregano, and thyme are large in size.
- You must add the flour to a bigger bowl with all types of spices and herbs. Make sure to mix all the herbs in it by giving it a whisk.
- In another large bowl, you must add the buttermilk as well as the egg. Then, whisk all of the ingredients together for combining them well.
- You must add the chicken into the buttermilk mixture for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and drain all the extra buttermilk from the chicken pieces. Then, coat the chicken pieces in the flour. Rest the chicken on the sheet for 20 to 30 minutes.
- You should heat the large pot that is approximately 05 inches high. The pot should be 5 inches high that allowing the chicken to submerge in it fully.
- Then, heat the oil, fry every batch for 15 to 18 minutes, and keep them on the baking sheet.
This is how you can fry the most delicious and tasteful original KFC wings at your home.
Make them for your kids and enjoy them greatly in your drawing-room.
I am Margaret Anderson founder of TheStaticFoodBin.com.
I am a professional content writer especially in food, health and fitness-related content. I have several food and fitness-related blogs and TheStaticFoodBin is one of them.