The oven is the kitchen appliance that helps in preparing love for you in the kitchen. From brownies to cakes, we make heavenly recipes at home and enjoy them fully. But you can also use the stovetop to create the same magic out of the simple pancake ingredients. There are some cautions that you should be aware of. You will be able to create a great amazing funnel cake in your kitchen.
What Special Equipment Do You Need?
You just need the squeeze bottle for pouring the batter into the hot oil. Though a spoon with a spout is a good technique, you will not get the same shape. So, you need the funnel cake squeeze bottle for pouring the dough back into the hot oil. Also, we recommend you fry the funnel pancake into the large cast-iron skillet. The cast-iron heavy-bottomed pan is ideal for frying.
How Hot Oil Must Be?
This is a great question because the hotness of the oil determines the shape of pancake batter. You should heat your oil up to 350 F. The batter of the funnel pancake hardens the second you pour them in the hot oil. Then, you should put on the medium flame and fry the funnel pancake for 5 to 7 minutes. For testing the hotness of the oil, drop a few bits of batter into the oil. If batter bits sizzle instantly and turn golden, the hot oil is ready for making the funnel pancakes.
Ingredients of the Funnel Pancake
- Pancake mix – about 01 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 3 to 4 cups vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar – ¼ cup
Instructions for Making the Funnel Pancake
- First, mix the equal parts of the water and pancake mix into a large bowl. Make sure that there are no lumps into the pancake. Keep whisking the pancake batter for a few minutes.
- Then, pour the mix into the plastic squeezable bottle. Nicely place the batter so that you can drop it into the oil easily.
- Once you have poured the batter inside the bottle, cut off the tip of the bottle. The steady and smooth stream of the batter will come out.
- Make sure to heat the large cast-iron skillet and then pour the 02 inches of oil into it. You can pour as much as you may deem fit.
- Then, pour the batter into the hot oil and make the funnel pancakes into it.
- Cook the funnel pancakes into the pan by frying them on both sides for a few minutes.
- Drain them on the paper towel.
What Toppings Would You Use For Funnel Pancake?
The powdered sugar is the perfect classic topping for the funnel cake. We also love to drizzle funnel pancakes with strawberry or chocolate syrup. Caramel syrup is also another fantastic option for the topping of funnel cake. You can try the fresh fruit, crushed cookies, whipped ice cream, or cream. There are so many endless possibilities of choosing the best topping for the funnel cake.