Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food, which satisfies our hearts as well as souls. There is nothing in this world that is more delicious, satisfying, and comforting than mac and cheese. Whether you are sad or happy, mac and cheese brings happiness to our lives.
We cannot spend an entire week if we cannot eat the smoked mac and cheese recipe. The smoked mac and cheese recipe is a unique recipe because we are going to use smoky flavours for enhancing the taste of Mac and Cheese.
If you cook the smoked mac and cheese recipe in the cast-iron skillet, you will get the rich, creamy, and most amazing smoky flavour of the Mac and Cheese. There are so many ways in which you can cook the smoked mac and cheese recipe. The recipe is below:
Ingredients of the Smoked Mac and Cheese recipe
Smoked Mac and Cheese:
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Using the Mild Wood
- 01-pound elbow macaroni
- ½ of a cup butter
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 3 cups of cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of mustard powder
- 2 cups – half and half
- 5 cups of gouda
For the Bread Crumb Topping:
- Panko Bread Crumbs of Panko Toppings
- 02 Tablespoons of Signature Sweet Rub
- ¼ of a cup of butter
Recipe Instructions for the Smoked Mac and Cheese Recipe
Following we have given the detailed instructions for the smoked mac and cheese recipe:
- First of all, you should boil the salted water and cook the macaroni noodles. You should prepare the noodles so that they get a chewy, smooth texture.
- Secondly, you should preheat the smoker to 225 degrees F. Try to use mild hardwood for this purpose. Make sure that it is not soft.
- Thirdly, you should heat the 12-inches cast-iron skillets on medium flame. Then, you should melt the ½ cup of butter and whisk the floor consistently. You should continue doing so until it forms a smoother paste. Afterwards, you should make sure to whisk the mustard powder.
- Now, you should pour half and a half into the mixture and whisk the entire mixture. Afterwards, you should add the cream cheese into the mixture until it gets smoother.
- It is time to add the cheddar cheese and gouda cheese into the smoked mac and cheese recipe. Keep stirring the mixture until its melts fully. You should turn off the heat and then add the cooked macaroni into the pot. Now, stir the noodles that are getting coated by the cheese sauce.
- At this stage, you should add the combined melted butter, and panko bread crumbs to the bowl.
- Place the mac and cheese skillet in the smoker, shut down the lid, and give it smoke for 01
Your mac and cheese are ready. Serve them with lots of butter and chopped sparsely.
I am Margaret Anderson founder of TheStaticFoodBin.com.
I am a professional content writer especially in food, health and fitness-related content. I have several food and fitness-related blogs and TheStaticFoodBin is one of them.