Rice is a huge part of family meals. In the world, many people eat rice for almost every meal.
As a staple food, it has few health benefits that’s why rice is a product all over the world! Different cultures make and eat rice in different ways.
Cooking perfect rice is not as easy as it noises. What should you do when you are learning how to cook rice in a proper way and when your rice is dry?
Don’t worry, here we are telling you what to do if your rice is dry. So let’s begin.
If Your Rice is Dry
This happened when you cook it at high temperatures and the water vanishes soon. Possibly you removed the lid of the pot too soon and let the steam escape.
Or you don’t add enough water to boil the rice. In this situation what should you do?
If your rice is looking dried out or chancy then you can add half a cup of water and return to a simmer with the lid on.
Remember not to raise the temperature otherwise, it may burn the rice.
Using the Microwave to Fix Your Dry Rice
If you have a microwave, you can easily fix your dried rice. Follow these steps below.
- Place the rice in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Take a few paper towels and soak them carefully.
- Moisten the towels about 20% of the time.
- Cover the bowl of rice with a wet paper towel and let it sit in the microwave for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, remove the bowl of rice from the microwave and carefully lower it into a wet paper towel.
Hopefully, this process will work properly, if that doesn’t work, try again.
Tips to Avoid the Dry Rice Condition
There are many reasons why your rice is dry or not well cocked. Here we collect basic information that will help you when cooking rice.
- Measure your rice using a dry cup and use a separate cup for water.
- Rinse the rice at least three times. Proper pre-soaking helps reduce cooking time and recalls the smell of rice as much as possible.
- Leave the rice to cook. Because every time you open the lid, you can release the steam and lower the temperature inside the pot.
If you maintain these tips you can avoid the dry rice condition.
What can I add to the rice to make it less dry?
Cooked dried rice grains in a little butter or olive oil before adding water bring out their flavour and add a great nut note to the finished dish.
Why is my rice so dry?
There are many reasons to become your rice dry. If you take the leaded pot too early or you do not add enough liquid it may cause the rice to dry out.
You can also read how to fix undercooked rice from https://thestaticfoodbin.com/how-to-fix-undercooked-rice/
It’s me Tiffany Brandell a Content Writer and SEO Specialist.
I work here (Thestaticfoodbin) as a content writer.
I have probably five years of experience in this field.
Previously I completed several SEO projects like this.
I always like to write new things and have a lot of fun with them. I have a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the Atlantic University of Florida.
Currently, I live with my parents in North Florida, USA. I have always loved to travel and am also a nature lover.